Natural pigment, B-Phycoerythrin (B-PE) based on bright phycobiliprotein extracted from red algae, Porphydirium sp. to provide an alternative to synthetic pigments.
In powder form or in solution it can be used as food colorants, replacing current synthetic pigments and can be introduced in chewing gums, ice sherbets, popsicles, candies, soft drinks and dairy products providing an attractive purple-pink color at final product.
Fluoresencent effect if it is desired. NaturErythrin presents a highly flourescence by excitation with dark light, ideal for cocktails and refreshments.
|Power Pink||Different intensity of colors are available: E16, E18 or E25 format provide an attractive purple-pink color.|
|High quality||High B-Phycerythrin content, being its final content dependent of the color value: E16, E18 or E25 (1%, 545nm, 1cm)|
|Less is more||Tasteless and odorless|
|Water-friendly||Highly soluble in water (ideal for food)|
|Stable||Highly Stable (support extreme conditions) in solution, it can reach up to 40° C and it is stable at pH between 4-8|
|Fluorescence||Highly fluorescent by excitation with dark light, ideal for cocktails and refreshments|
The product has a high B-Phycoerythrin content, being its final content dependent of the color value: E16, E18 or E25 (1%, 545nm, 1cm). For E16, E18 or E25 formats, the concentration of B-Phycoerythrin is between the following ranges 22-23%, 25-26% and 35-36% respectively.
The purity of the different phycobiliproteins against other proteins is often evaluated through the following ratios derived from the UV-VIS spectrum of the product:
• Ratio Abs545/Abs280(Phycoerythrins) > 2.5
USE AND INTENSITY OF COLOUR
• NaturErythrin concentration must be adjusted to desired color intensity in each application. Take into account that small concentrations (less than mg/ml) of B-PE produce intense color and fluorescence.
• Once selected the properly concentration dissolve the product until homogeneity
NaturErythrin can be supplied as powder at E16, E18, or E25 color value (>30% proteins). This format offers the best stability, high quality and flexibility. The product is ready to use with a high rate of solubilizing.
• NaturCyanin should be kept at a cool and light-protected place.• NaturErythrin is stable for two years under the proper conditions.
• The different matrix for different applications where the natural colorant will be used affects to its stability. Consequently, the stability of the colorant must be established for each case.
• Immunomodulating activity
• Antitumor and anticancer activity
"Can be used as natural colorant for food, replacing current synthetic pigments"