The only Omega 3 oil with a high percentage of Eicosapentaenoic acid linked to polar lipids (phospholipids and glycolipids). With antioxidant protection, contains naturally Vitamin E, Hidroxitirosol, Phytosterols and Carotenoids which help to protect the body's cells from free radical damage.
It can be used in facial and body skin care, shower gels, body lotions and hair-care products due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and moisturizing propierties.
|High Bio-availability||Best absorption of Omega 3s|
|Antioxidant Protection||Contains naturally Vitamin E (a-Tocopherol), Hidroxitirosol and Corotenoids such as β-carotene that help to protect the body's cells from free radical damage. And natural Phytosterols which reduce cholesterol and indirectly help to prevent cardiovascular disease|
|Healthy||Omega 3 EPA helps with cardiovascular function, nervous system function, immunity and neurotransmission|
|For Vegans||Vegetable origin that can be consumed by vegans and vegetarians in contrast to other Omega 3 Oils present in today's market||Sustainability||The environmental sustainability of our process is guaranteed in contrast to other Omega 3 sources||Eco friendly process||Marine phytoplankton needs CO2 and the energy of the sun light to grow and reproduce by mitosis|
The lipid fraction has a high Content of Omega 3 Fatty Acids (EPA), of a high quality, eicosapentaenoic acid compound conjugated with polar lipids (phospholipids and glycolipids) providing EPA health benefits with easy digestibility.
• Mainly composed by polar lipids (phospholipids and glycolipids)
• Contains not less than 35% of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), omega 3 and most EPA (w-3) is bound to polar lipids.
• No additive is added. This product is stabilized by natural presence of natural antioxidants and natural a-tocopherol.
Concentration of Omega 3 (regarding total fatty acids): Analyzed by CG-FID (Internal method).
– Total Omega 3 (as Free Fatty Acids) 43.8 %
– EPA, Eicosapentaenoic acid (as Free Fatty Acids) 39.5 %
|FATTY ACIDS||% (w/w)*|
|C18:3 3 ALA||0,4|
|C20:4 6 ARA||3,9|
|C20:5 3 EPA||39,5|
• NATURAL TOCOPHEROLS: ≤ 150 mg/100g (HPLC, Internal method)
• PHYTOSTEROLS(beta-Sitosterol, Estigmnasterol, Campesterol,…): > 830 mg/100 g
• BIOPHENOLS(Hidroxitirosol and Hidroxitirosol acetate): >190 mg/100 g
• SAPONIFIABLE LIPID SPECIES:(percentage of total saponifiable lipids)
|Polar lipids (PL) 88,9%||Triacylglyceride (TAG) 5,2%|
|Monoacylglyceride (MAG) 1,2%||Free fatty acid (FFA) 0,0%|
|Diacylglyceride (DAG) 4,8%||Sterol ester (CE) 0,0%|
• Cardiovascular Disease (CVD): The World Health Organization has recognized connections between Omega 3 and decreased risks of CVD. EPA is good for the heart's health
• Atherosclerosis: Omega 3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids such as EPA and Phytosterols can modulate the mechanisms of development and progression of atherosclerosis and helps control the cholesterol levels
• Anti-inflammatory effect: Because of its capacity to reduce inflammation, EPA protects against illnesses related to an inflammatory etiology such us: diabetes, heart disease, and metabolic syndrome
• More benefits: Omega 3 improves the immunological system. the reproductive system, skin, moods and others.
According to Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega 3s (GOED), the ocean can not provide enough Omega 3, EPA and DHA, based on the real demand, having a real versfishing problem for many species.This means that other sources are required to close the broader gap and relieve pressure on fisheries.
Recently several farm-grown algae announce the algae production to obtain Omega 3 oil as alternative as fish and krill oil. But the current algae production is in open ponds with the limitations that this entails: Low yield, limited production, higher risk of contamination, large evaporation (100 m3/day/hectare), large cultivation area, poor light utilization, less yield CO2 absorption.
BASM Blue technology uses vertical, closed bio-reactors with a specific shape that fully automatizes the production process in an aseptic atmosphere, maintaining high quality and homogeneous products throughout the year. This means a controlled environment for best growing conditions that guarantee good production and quality on a large scale all the time.