NaturCarotenoil is a sunflower oil with 18% of natural β-carotene, and other natural antioxidants as α-carotene, Lutein and Zeaxanthin.
The carotenoids are isolate from the alga Dunaliella salina by a careful and “dissolvent free” process of extraction of the α/β-carotene from biomass and dissolve it in vegetal oils.
β-carotene specifically has antioxidant properties and promotes the proper functioning of the immune system. This will block the excess free radicals that are produced with ultraviolet irradiation. A natural, non-synthetic β-carotene must always be chosen, since the natural one has the antioxidant activity and in contrast the synthetic one can even generate more free radicals, due to its great molecular instability.
NaturCarotenoil in sunflower oil contains not less than 200 mg. of natural β-carotene, and contains a mix of trans and cis isomers of β-carotene as found in nature. The equal percentage of each isomer in the product ensure an accurately assimilation.
NaturCarotenoil in sunflower oil contains not less than 200 mg. of natural β-carotene.
• As main active ingredient contains at least 180 mg. of β-carotene per gram of the product.
• Other carotenoids as α-carotene, Lutein and Zeaxanthin suppose up to 2% of the final weight improving the antioxidant spectra of the product and complete the pool of antioxidants reaching 200 mg. of carotenoids per gram of product.
Equal concentrations of 9-cis (41%) and all-trans (40%) isomers of β-carotene ensure an optimal assimilation and bioavailability of this molecule in the digestive tract.
Carotenoids distribution in NaturCarotenoil
|9- or 9′-cis-β-carotene||44,4|
NaturCarotenoil is an opaque, deep red suspension of natural carotenoids in medium chain triglyceride oil.
Shelf life is 60 months after date of manufacturing, when the product is stored below 30°C, in dry place in unopened original container.
The pigments dissolved in this product are sensitive to light, heath and oxidation (air). 18 % carotene exceeds the saturation point of vegetal oils, thus this product is an oil suspension and settling of carotene crystals may occur after prolonged storage or in low temperature storage.Is strongly recommended to warm the container over 20-30°C and mix well the content before sampling or use.
• As provitamin A, which is due to its ability to be converted to vitamin A as and when the body requires
• As an antioxidant, protects against cell and tissue damage by scavenging free radicals
• As hypocholesteremic factor
• As immune-stimulator of the immune system