The best source of natural mixed carotenes and xanthophylls with an exceptionally high amount of 9-cis β-carotene.
Based in microalga Dunaliella salina, this product is 100% pure and natural (non-GMO) and contains others phytonutrients as amino acids, carbohydrates, vitamins and fatty acids.Ideal to use in cosmetic products as natural colorant and powerful antioxidant.
|Natural||100% pure and natural. Non-GMO product|
|High quality||More than 8.5% in β-carotene and contains natural phytonutrients such as, amino acids, essential fatty acids, carbohydrates, vitamins, etc|
|100% pure||No algal toxin, pesticide, herbicide or preservative|
|Healthy||Presents a powerful antioxidant activity and immunoestimulant effects|
Natural β-carotene is required either through market demand or by health regulation. Natural sources generally contain one or two carotenoids in lower concentrations, however Dunaliella contains a range of carotenoids with wider applications.
Products with supplementation of a natural β-carotene source, suggests that 9-cis β-carotene acts as an in vivo lipophilic antioxidant more efficiently than does all-trans β-carotene (synthetic carotene).
Carotenoids distribution in Dunaliella
|9- or 9′-cis-β-carotene||44,4|
Antioxidant Activity: The antioxidant potential of carotenoids can significantly reduce free radicals and the oxidative lead to help the body maintain a healthy state. Anticarcinogenic effects of Dunaliellaas β-carotene of carotenoids are likely attributable to its antioxidant effect.• Regulated gene expression in human endotelial cells
Immune activity and Stimulatory effect: Studies indicate that the mechanism for this protective attribute is partly due to the direct enhancement of the immune response by carotenoids.• Helps to maintain a healthy immune system (Increased resistance to viral, bacterial, fungal and parasitic infections)
NaturCarotene is the best choice for manufacturers looking for ingredients rich in carotene. BASM uses vertical, closed bio-reactors with a specific shape that fully automatizes the production process in an aseptic atmosphere, maintaining high quality and homogeneous products throughout the year. This means a controlled environment for best growing conditions that guarantee good production and quality on a large scale all the time.
• The major energy required to grow our algae is naturally available sunlight, supporting algal photosynthetic proliferation. The CO2 capture capacity is enhanced by the microalgae species and the technology uses CO2 from local emitters, thereby mitigating emissions and keeping a very low carbon footprint.
• Harvesting of the algae is performed in a low-energy process without the use of toxic chemicals, and the output harvest water is recycled back. Our production process does not generate any harmful waste products, and co-products are used in animal feed and biofuels production for minimum waste.
• Use of photobioreactors that provides a lower influence of seasonal conditions than the open pond technology
• Higher cell densities and therefore better carotenoid yields per unit volume compared to open air cultures
• Major control of cultivation conditions avoiding important biochemical changes and lower water evaporation than open ponds technology
• The algae can be cultivated avoiding contamination by other competitors
• No algal toxin, pesticide, herbicide or preservative
• 100% pure and natural. Non-GMO product
"Ideal to use in cosmetic products as natural colorant and powerful antioxidant"