Acqualift is a revolutionary and innovative natural active ingredient which consists of purified extracellular sulfated polysaccharides (SPs) produced by marine phytoplankton Porphyridium sp., offering the newest and safest innovation in beauty and personal care.
It has a visible effect from the first application by providing an immediate lifting effect, reducing wrinkle depth and skin roughness. It acts as a shield, creating a thick protective layer around the cell and protecting it in its intertidal extreme environment. Acqualift is not merely a physical barrier but also an active protection against photo damaging, ageing and micro abrasion of the skin.For cosmetic applications, it can be used for anti-aging face and eye creams and serums, sun care and after sun care products.
|Composition||Natural sulfated polysaccharide compound isolated from a single red microalgae Porphyridium sp.|
|Applications||Top anti-aging skincare ingredient for firming, improving elasticity, and prevents telltale signs of aging|
|Advantages||Benefits include its high purity, lack of skin irritation or sensitization, improved humectancy, excellent sensory characteristics and favorable environmental profile|
|Natural substitute||The best substitute of hyaluronic acid|
Acqualift can be supplied as hydrocolloid solution in sea water or as lyophilized powder. The product is very stable in solution, even when exposed to a wide range of pH values and temperatures. This allows the introduction of Acqualift to almost any type of product as serum, creams, soothes, etc.
Acqualift is a natural source of extracellular sulfated polysaccharides produced by unicellular microorganisms’ growth in a sophisticated and unique system patented by BFS S.A, Spanish company. BFS has the expertise to grow a wide range of marine phytoplankton, the building blocks of life, on an industrial scale in controlled conditions, maintaining high quality and homogeneous products throughout the year.
Description: Extracellular sulphated polysaccharides (SPs), produced by Porphyridium sp.
SPs include a complex group of macromolecules with a wide range of important biological active-ties. The product contains different sulfated polysaccharides with a heterogeneous composition. Xylose is the main sugar followed by galactose and glucose. Mannose, fucose, arabinase and rhamnose were also present in minor percentages.
Acqualift also contains marine minerals, with a similar assortment of natural healing elements as those found on skin cells, providing the vitality of the epidermis. It is a perfectly natural ingredient to be used in therapeutic treatments and beauty products.
|Parameters||% dry weight||Analysis method*|
|Neutral sugars||4-6%||resorcinol sulfuric micromethod|
|Sulphate (bonded to SPs)||0.55-0.65%||Spectroscopy XRF|
|Uronic acid||8-10%||Meta-hydroxydiphenyl micromethod|
|Proteins||<0.1%||bicinchoninic acid protein determination.|
|Marine minerals||84-88 %||Spectroscopy XRF|
|Monomer||% of total neutral monosacharides|
SPs have already been introduced into a wide range of cosmetic products of a leading global cosmetics company, and additional developments are underway. SPs act as a shield, creating a thick protective layer around the cell and protecting it in its intertidal extreme environment. But SPs are not merely a physical barrier because it is an active protection against photo damaging, ageing and micro abrasion of the skin.
• Anti-aging: Improves overall elasticity and firmness. The SPs inhibit the activity of elastase and hyaluronidase enzymes, Inhibition of elastase by SPs may not only allow greater permanence of elastin but also of collagen and many other essential proteins for the skin.
• Anti-irritating: The skin inflammation and irritation which result from the action of chemicals, excessive exposure to sunlight and other biochemical and environmental factors, may be also counteracted by the SPs.
• Anti-oxidant: Fights free radicals, prevents and reduces age spots.
• Hydrating: The high inhibition caused by the SPs on hyaluronidase activity may contribute to extend the integrity of hyaluronic acid and the skin´s natural moisture. Moreover, the SPs natural resistance to the action of hyaluronidase is a great advantage for their use as filler substance in various beauty treatments and as a bio lubricant for viscosupplementation therapies.
• Nutraceutical application: Hypolipidaemic and Hypoglycaemic activity. Porphyridium SPs constitute a new source of dietary fibers with hypocholesterolemic potential. Recent studies show the health benefits of incorporating SPs in the diet, having for example anti-cholesterol and lipid-lowering abilities.
• Pharmacological application: Anti-bacterial, Anti-viral and Anti-inflammatory. SPs from Porphyridium were shown to have antitumor and antiviral activities. The antiviral activity of SPs has been demonstrated against a variety of animal viruses such as Herpes simplex viruses (type 1 and 2) and Varicella zoster virus.
• Biolubricant application: Exocellular sulphated polysaccharides of Porphyridium have already shown good lubrication ability due to their rheological characteristics (viscoelasticity) and there are a several studies that show the potential of SPs from Porphyridium to be an excellent candidate to substitute hyaluronic acid as a biolubricant.
Hydrocolloid Solution or Lyophilized Powder Format:
Acqualift can be supplied as hydrocolloid solution in sea water or as lyophilized powder. The product is very stable in solution, even when exposed to a wide range of pH values and temperatures. This allows the introduction of Acqualift to almost any type of product as serum, creams, soothes...
Storage: In any form, the product should be kept at 4° C, away from light.
Lyophylized Powder Format:
Properties: Product highly hygroscopic in lyophilized powder form. Highly soluble in water. Insoluble in ethanol, methanol or others nonpolar solvents.
Recommended use for rehydration: This product can be dissolved in a concentration range in aqueous solvents. After rehydration, its rheological and bioactive initial properties are the same as those of a fresh product.
1. Dissolve the product in distilled water at 40g/l
2. Homogenize for at least 3 hours with stirring between 80-120 rpm
3. Check correct product solution viscosity measuring * and / or concentration of sugars **
Viscosity: Normal values for the viscosity of the product should be at 330-380 cP (centipoise), estimated with an analog rotational viscometer NDJ-1 (30 rpm/spindle-2).
Concentration of sugars: Sugar concentration estimated by the anthrone-sulfuric method. Normal values between 3400-3800 ppm of sugar.
The dose depends on the use it is intended to map. As example, Naturzell introduce a multiactive serum based on sulphated polysaccharides:
A concentrated serum for the eye contour area with bioactive components. It contains a 1-3% of active ingredient Acqualift and some other key ingredients as emollients, skin repairing and antioxidant ingredients. All of them will help to improve the skin and help to repair the signs of aging. Immediately, your skin is moisturized and your eye contour beautifully radiant.